Saturday 1 October 2011

.......

 Today I was talking to two friends of mine about my long distance relationships. Let me tell you this now..what people say about it is true...ITS HARD but it can be done. 

I remember the day I broke the news to my bf that I had won a place at Purdue University...in America. And I would be gone for one year. Although I could see that he was proud of me I could see there was something else there, he was sad and thinking what would happen to us already as was I. Not only this...I had left him during the Easter holiday too for the Study China Programme! I sound like a bad gf... we had just started going out a couple months in and wham...I'm going away for a year already >.<' I really have fantastic timing!! 

I have to say he is an amazing guy and I am so happy to have met him...he's been so supportive of me and so encouraging! Any other guy would have suggested to end it and that was honestly what I thought he would do in the worse case scenario. But he shocked me and asked to stay together...how I couldn't stop smiling and feel happy about that one comment..! I felt and still do feel really lucky to have him and everytime I think of this....

But the question that really got me today is when my friend asked me...'But how do you know he won't cheat on you??!' Honestly I don't know, I don't know what he gets up to there and he doesn't know what I do..But what I do know is his character and I trust him not to cheat on me. 

Even though it is hard and I can't stop thinking what he's doing or why isn't he online to talk to me...I know he has a life to be getting on with and me also...even though we are a couple we still lead our sepearte lives but eventually come together and talk about it...my favourite part! I miss those night where we would just talk all night and eventually fall asleep in each others arms. I think thats the hard part...the physical contact. I miss all the kisses, hugs and snuggles. But what makes this worth it is that when I go back home for christmas the ones I get will be just a great and special :)


Reading one of the post on Bubzbeauty about a long distance relationship this quote stood out to me and it is very true. Each and every relationship is based on this and without it I don't know how it would work...

"As different as they sound, long distance relationships AND a normal relationship both require one thing to survive - Trust"

No comments:

Post a Comment